Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sick

Day 20
Weight: 220.5 lbs.
Food Intake:
  • Breakfast:
    • small cup of pineapple juice
    • polenta (grits)
    • rye toast with butter
  • Lunch:
    • mango juice
    • 2 slices of barley bread veggie pizza
    • stewed squash
    • handful of salted, smoked almonds
  • Dinner:
    • pineapple juice
    • 2 ears corn on the cob
    • asparagus spears
    • fried okra
    • 1/4 a papaya
    • thin slice of buttered rye toast

Woke up about 3:00am very sick. Had a bad dream where I got lost in London and accidentally went through a wormhole and traveled too far too fast for the current laws of physics and ended up in my Grandma Ruth's house. As I started to make a cell phone call, all the windows and doors of the house started shutting to prevent me from causing a paradox. Weird, I know, but those are the kind of nightmares I have sometimes (especially after eating spicy food).

I was sick all morning. After trying to eat a little polenta for breakfast, I went out to check on the terracotta shingles, but got sick again and ended up going back to my hut and spending the rest of the morning in the hammock. I think the leftovers contained a lot of meat. My body really wasn't use to processing meat for the last 20 days. Maybe my gall bladder just decided to shut down or something. I dragged myself out to the courtyard for lunch (because I didn't know what the consequences of begin late for a gong call were). I ate some barley bread veggie pizza and stewed squash and felt a bit better, but I still spent the rest of the day in the hut.

By nightfall I began to feel somewhat normal again. I decided to stay away from any meats for awhile. We had corn on the cob, okra, asparagus, and papaya for dinner. Very nice. I hope to sleep better tonight.

No comments: