Friday, September 28, 2007

Overboard!


Day: 1
Weight: 233
Food Intake: nothing but water
Blood Pressure: 154/98 at pulse 98

After a great meal of prime rib rubbed with Southwestern spices and grilled medium well aboard ship last night, I find myself in the ocean! I don't exactly know how I got here, but I am floating by myself on the open sea in a rubber life raft. It must have rained during the night because a considerable amount of rain water has accumulated in the deep-sided raft. I'm feeling great. There are long oars attached to the sides of the raft, so I've done a bit of rowing today. I thought about getting in the water and swimming a bit, but I appear to be caught in an algae bloom -- billions of microscopic single-celled photosynthetic creatures, each equipped with propelling flagella and a toxin which has an irritating effect on my lungs and eyes.

No comments: